The Delhi Congress on Saturday lashed out at the Aam Aadmi Party government once again, claiming that the party was indulging in “anti people activities”.
Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely demanded that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal apologise to Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung for hurling allegations at a constitutional authority and dragging him into petty politics.
“It is regrettable that such an allegation was made against the Lieutenant-Governor. The L-G is a constitutional authority, and to make such a comment (against him) is irresponsible and disrespectful. AAP is doing this because it doesn’t want people to question what it is doing,” Lovely said.
In an attempt to counter AAP’s ‘Poll Khol Abhiyaan’, the Congress announced an identical campaign, under the same name, to expose the “anti-people activities of the BJP and the AAP”.
Earlier, the AAP had launched the ‘Poll Khol Abhiyaan’ to “expose the conspiracy being hatched by the BJP and the Congress to topple the government in Delhi”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Lovely said, “The AAP is attempting to confuse the people through the Jan Lokpal Bill issue. It wants to misguide the people.”
The Congress’s ‘Pol Khol Abhiyaan’ will begin on Monday at the North East Parliamentary constituency. It will be represented by Member of Parliament and former Delhi Congress chief Jai Prakash Agarwal. Sources said Congress workers will be given training in “unmasking the anti-people activities of AAP”.
The Congress also alleged that the AAP government was attempting to take credit for the Centre’s decision to roll back CNG and PNG prices. The reduction, Lovely said, was due to the intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
“The AAP government has lost belief in democratic methods. It is not taking any steps to fulfil its election promises. It is orchestrating futile dramas to divert the attention of the people from real issues,” Lovely said.