The Delhi Congress on Saturday lashed out at the Aam Aadmi Party government once again, claiming that the party was indulging in “anti people activities”.
Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely demanded that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal apologise to Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung for hurling allegations at a constitutional authority and dragging him into petty politics.
“It is regrettable that such an allegation was made against the Lieutenant-Governor. The L-G is a constitutional authority, and to make such a comment (against him) is irresponsible and disrespectful. AAP is doing this because it doesn’t want people to question what it is doing,” Lovely said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In an attempt to counter AAP’s ‘Poll Khol Abhiyaan’, the Congress announced an identical campaign, under the same name, to expose the “anti-people activities of the BJP and the AAP”.
Earlier, the AAP had launched the ‘Poll Khol Abhiyaan’ to “expose the conspiracy being hatched by the BJP and the Congress to topple the government in Delhi”.
Lovely said, “The AAP is attempting to confuse the people through the Jan Lokpal Bill issue. It wants to misguide the people.”
The Congress’s ‘Pol Khol Abhiyaan’ will begin on Monday at the North East Parliamentary constituency. It will be represented by Member of Parliament and former Delhi Congress chief Jai Prakash Agarwal. Sources said Congress workers will be given training in “unmasking the anti-people activities of AAP”.
The Congress also alleged that the AAP government was attempting to take credit for the Centre’s decision to roll back CNG and PNG prices. The reduction, Lovely said, was due to the intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
“The AAP government has lost belief in democratic methods. It is not taking any steps to fulfil its election promises. It is orchestrating futile dramas to divert the attention of the people from real issues,” Lovely said.