The parents of 19-year-old Minakshi who was brutally stabbed to death in Anand Parbat area, on Saturday demanded “hanging” of the accused even as Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh to them.
“A compensation of Rs five lakh can’t bring my daughter back. I want justice. They should be hanged,” said Usha, mother of the victim.
- Panchkula hit and run: Tribunal orders Rs 16.81 lakh compensation for victim’s kin
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal meets assaulted social worker, 6 held
- Delhi: Five schoolboys stab 17-year-old to death on bus, all accused apprehended
- Anand Parbat case: Haven't got Rs 5 lakh promised by Kejriwal, says Meenakshi's family
- Kejriwal seeks list of inspectors not made SHOs, Bassi offers list of 500 murder victims
- Delhi teen stabbing: Kejriwal announces Rs 5L compensation, slams Delhi Police
“Kejriwal asked us not to worry as he (Kejriwal) is with us and justice will be granted to us. He has assured us of Rs 5 lack compensation,” she said.
Family of the victim, including her mother and father demanded that they don’t want to settle down for “anything less” than justice adding, justice to them meant “hanging” of the accused who killed their daughter.
Father of the victim alleged that his daughter was subjected to “abuse and vulgar comments” by the accused. The matter was brought to the notice of police but no proper action was taken, he said.
“They were arrested once by the police on our complaint at Kamla Market police station. After which they started venting their anger by showering abuses on her whenever they liked,” he added.
A neighbour of the victim and her close friend alleged that mother of the accused was also present when Minakshi was stabbed but police took no action against her.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal along with Deputy CM Manish Sisodia met the family of Minakshi pledging a compensation of Rs 5 lakh and his support in getting them justice.
The 19-year-old Minakshi was brutally stabbed to death allegedly by two brothers living in her neighbourhood for protesting their verbal abuse on July 16 in Anand Parbat area.
While the main accused Jai Prakash was arrested after the incident his brother Ajay who was earlier detained by the police was arrested on Saturday.
Role of duo’s mother Shashi Bala who was allegedly present when the ghastly incident took place is also being probed by the police in the case.