By Aishwaria Sonavane
From playing Charlie Chaplin to a poor villager, Raj Kapoor has given cine lovers many classics to remember him by. Now it’s payback time as a museum called “Raj Kapoor Memorial– the Golden Era of Indian Cinema” revives legendary moments from Kapoor’s films at the Rajbaugh campus of MAEER’s Maharashtra Institute of Technology in Loni Kalbhor near Pune.
To mark the legacy of their father, Randhir and Rajeev inaugurated the museum on Friday. This 125-acre property was donated, a decade ago by the Kapoor family, to Vishwanath Karad, the founder of the college. The museum stands beside Raj Kapoor’s bungalow, which was his holiday home. “We have spent most of our childhood here,” said Randhir.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
It is the same location where Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Mera Naam Joker, Bobby and Prem Rog were shot. It hosts 50 statues of characters from his iconic films.
Raj Kapoor started RK Films at 25, making his debut as the youngest film director in Aag. There are over 100 statues of actors including those of Prithviraj Kapoor, Balraj Sahni, Ashok Kumar, Guru Dutt, Dev Anand, Nargis, Mehmood, Amjad Khan, and Pran. The museum will be open to the public within a week.