Dairy company Amul on Friday increased milk prices in Delhi-NCR region by Rs 2 per litre due to increase in cost of milk production.
“In the recent past, there has been a substantial increase in raw material cost of cattle feed and labour costs, and this has led to increase in cost of milk production,” Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), which sells milk under brand Amul, said.
“We have increased the milk prices by Rs 2 per litre across all variants in Delhi-NCR region,” GCMMF Managing Director R S Sodhi told PTI. Sodhi said the company is also considering increasing milk prices in other markets including those in Uttar Pradesh and Kolkata.
After this recent increase, the Amul Diamond (premium quality) will now cost Rs 50 per litre, up from Rs 48 per litre, while Amul Gold (full cream milk) will cost Rs 48 per litre. Amul Taaza (toned milk) will be available at Rs 38 a litre.
The price of Amul Slim n Trim milk, which is available in 500 ml and lower volume pouches, has been increased to Rs 17 per half litre.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016