THE Aam Aadmi Party that made its electoral debut in Karnataka with the Lok Sabha polls suffered heavy losses with all 27 of its candidates forfeiting their Rs 25,000 security deposit after failing to secure one-sixth of the votes polled.
In fact, the party polled only as many votes as the ‘None Of The Above’ option introduced for the first time in the Lok Sabha polls.
The AAP had taken the electoral plunge in the state without building a base of any kind, on the back of its stellar performance in the Delhi Assembly elections last year. While it tried to strike a chord in urban parts with its anti-corruption campaign, AAP candidates were subjected to frequent questioning by voters on why it gave up its government in Delhi in 49 days.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Compared to the 2 per cent votes (1.13 lakh) that the AAP garnered overall, in Karnataka it got only win 0.8 per cent of the votes.