THE Aam Aadmi Party that made its electoral debut in Karnataka with the Lok Sabha polls suffered heavy losses with all 27 of its candidates forfeiting their Rs 25,000 security deposit after failing to secure one-sixth of the votes polled.
In fact, the party polled only as many votes as the ‘None Of The Above’ option introduced for the first time in the Lok Sabha polls.
The AAP had taken the electoral plunge in the state without building a base of any kind, on the back of its stellar performance in the Delhi Assembly elections last year. While it tried to strike a chord in urban parts with its anti-corruption campaign, AAP candidates were subjected to frequent questioning by voters on why it gave up its government in Delhi in 49 days.
Compared to the 2 per cent votes (1.13 lakh) that the AAP garnered overall, in Karnataka it got only win 0.8 per cent of the votes.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest