Alert personnel of a PCR van caught a suspected robber after a brief encounter in North East Delhi’s Nand Nagri area after a man reported that the accused, along with his two associates, had tried to rob him.
The incident took place around 11 PM last night when Karawal Nagar resident Saurav Sharma reported that three unidentified persons tried to rob his motorcycle and mobile phone near Gagan Cinema.
“The PCR van chased the robbers in the direction stated by Sharma and apprehended one of them and seized a pistol, after two rounds of firing. The accused was identified as Sher Mohd, a resident of Loni, UP. His associates, however, managed to escape,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (PCR) Rajeev Ranjan.
A case has been registered in this regard at Nand Nagri police station under various sections of the IPC and the Arms Act. Three PCR personnel, identified as ASI Satya Prakash, Head Constable Ram Niwas and driver constable Vikas have been appreciated by the Delhi Police top brass for their good work.
“The Delhi Police Commissioner has announced that ‘Asadharan Karya Puraskar’ will be given to all three PCR personnel for their act of bravery executed with dexterity and sharp reflexes without caring for their own safety,” said Ranjan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016