Alert personnel of a PCR van caught a suspected robber after a brief encounter in North East Delhi’s Nand Nagri area after a man reported that the accused, along with his two associates, had tried to rob him.
The incident took place around 11 PM last night when Karawal Nagar resident Saurav Sharma reported that three unidentified persons tried to rob his motorcycle and mobile phone near Gagan Cinema.
“The PCR van chased the robbers in the direction stated by Sharma and apprehended one of them and seized a pistol, after two rounds of firing. The accused was identified as Sher Mohd, a resident of Loni, UP. His associates, however, managed to escape,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (PCR) Rajeev Ranjan.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A case has been registered in this regard at Nand Nagri police station under various sections of the IPC and the Arms Act. Three PCR personnel, identified as ASI Satya Prakash, Head Constable Ram Niwas and driver constable Vikas have been appreciated by the Delhi Police top brass for their good work.
“The Delhi Police Commissioner has announced that ‘Asadharan Karya Puraskar’ will be given to all three PCR personnel for their act of bravery executed with dexterity and sharp reflexes without caring for their own safety,” said Ranjan.