The Air India air hostess,accused of physically assaulting her 12-year-old domestic help and locking the girl up in her Netaji Nagar house for days without food or water,was arrested on Thursday morning.
The air hostess,Bira Thoibi (23),was in Australia for a two-day trip,when the matter was reported and a case was filed against her. She was taken into police custody as soon as she arrived at the airport terminal.
Thoibis sister,Stoile Naubi,who reportedly brought the girl to Thoibis place,has also been arrested.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The sisters were produced in-camera before Metropolitan Magistrate Ashok Kumar who remanded them in Tihar jail till November 13.
The sisters have been charged with bonded labour,wrongful confinement,child labour and under relevant sections of the Juvenile Justice Act.
Police said during questioning,the sisters claimed that they brought the girl from Manipur to educate her in Delhi. Thoibi also claimed that the girl was trying to frame her and that she had never abused her.
The sisters claimed that they had promised the girls mother to bear the girls expenses. They reportedly promised that they would send the girl to a good school and take care of her needs since they all came from the same village. But when the girl came to Delhi,the accused started to abuse her. She never let the girl leave the house or speak to her family, a police officer claimed.
The girls mother works as a domestic help at Thoibis house in Manipur, the officer said.
According to her statement,the girl alleged that Thoibi used to beat her with a leather belt and kept a dog to scare her.
She also alleged that Thoibi would return home late at night and ask her for a massage. If she stopped,the girl alleged that she would be beaten up.
The girl also alleged that she was not allowed to sleep for more than four hours a day.
Thoibi had allegedly locked her up inside the house for over two days without any food. The girl,however,managed to escape to the neighbours house. The police were then alerted.