Keeping in mind the last year’s surge in influx of patients on Holi festival, AIIMS trauma centre has extended the emergency reception area and deployed more staff.
Last year, the trauma centre witnessed more than two-fold jump in the number of patients coming to AIIMS with various injuries. “On an average, AIIMS trauma centre gets 125 patients every day which increased to 400 patients during the Holi last year,” said Dr Amit Gupta, additional professor, Department of Surgery, AIIMS trauma centre.
Dr Gupta said that the centre receives many patients with injuries of eyes and skin due to the effects of colour. “Then there are road traffic injury cases due to heavy intake of alcohol. Alcohol intake also leads to an increase in the number of assault cases. We also get many stabbing cases,” said Dr Gupta.
As part of its preparedness, the whole emergency has been divided into three priority areas- red, yellow and green. Majority of the patients who are walking wounded and mostly brought by police are taken to the green zone. Critically injured and patients with life threatening injuries are transferred to the red zone and those with significant injuries needing admission but not life threatening are shifted to yellow zone, said Dr Gupta.
Apart from that more staff have been deployed in the morning and evening shifts to handle the surge.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More