With less than a month left for the model code of conduct to be implemented by the Election Commission ahead of Lok Sabha polls, the Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi has ordered transfers and reshuffled at least 22 DANICS officers as sub-divisional magistrates (SDM).
Sub-divisional magistrates form the core team in the conduct of elections.
Dr M M Kutty, a 1985-batch IAS officer, who was principal secretary to former chief minister Sheila Dikshit, was initially transferred by Kejriwal to the post of principal secretary (Social Welfare and Women and Child Development) and principal secretary (Finance).
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Kutty has now been given additional charge of principal secretary (Vigilance).
Arvind Ray has been transferred as principal secretary (Services).
Dharam Pal, who is currently principal secretary (Revenue; and Land and Building) as well as Divisional Commissioner, has been given additional charge of principal secretary (Development, and Irrigation and Flood Control).
The 22 DANICS officers transferred in Delhi government through orders issued on Monday include SDM (Vivek Vihar) Suresh Kumar Meena, who has been posted as SDM (Alipur).
Assistant Director (Training) Rajesh Bhatia has been transferred as SDM (Vivek Vihar).
Administrative officer of GB Pant Hospital Rajesh Rana has been replaced by Dharmender Singh and posted as SDM (Vasant Vihar).
Chetan Bhatia has replaced SDM (Kalkaji).