A 25-year-old woman had acid thrown on her on Thursday night in Northeast Delhi after she reportedly complained to police that three youths were harassing her. The woman escaped with minor burn injuries to her hand as she managed to cover her face in time.
Police, however, said two of the youths had got into a fight with the woman’s relative and attacked her with acid when she intervened.
A senior police officer said, “Golu (24) and Kalia (22) went to the woman’s house in Nand Nagiri area on Wednesday around 11.30 pm.
They started abusing her uncle. When the woman intervened, Golu hurled acid on her face. But she managed to cover her face with her hands. Her right hand sustained acid burns. She was taken to a hospital where she was treated for 9 per cent burn injuries. An FIR has been registered under Sections 326b (voluntarily throwing or attempting to throw acid), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint), 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC. Golu has been arrested while Kali is absconding.”
According to police, the neighbours had gotten into fights in the past as well. Police said matters took a turn for the worse on Wednesday night. After throwing acid on the woman, the men fled the spot.
Dheeraj Singh, the woman’s relative, said, “Golu, Kalia and Bobby had been harassing her. The three live in the neighbourhood. When she was passing by on a street in the area on Wednesday, the men accosted her and made lewd remarks after which she filed a complaint against them at the local police station. Golu and Kalia then came shouting to our house asking her to withdraw the complaint. When she refused, they threw acid at her.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched