A 25-year-old woman had acid thrown on her on Thursday night in Northeast Delhi after she reportedly complained to police that three youths were harassing her. The woman escaped with minor burn injuries to her hand as she managed to cover her face in time.
Police, however, said two of the youths had got into a fight with the woman’s relative and attacked her with acid when she intervened.
A senior police officer said, “Golu (24) and Kalia (22) went to the woman’s house in Nand Nagiri area on Wednesday around 11.30 pm.
They started abusing her uncle. When the woman intervened, Golu hurled acid on her face. But she managed to cover her face with her hands. Her right hand sustained acid burns. She was taken to a hospital where she was treated for 9 per cent burn injuries. An FIR has been registered under Sections 326b (voluntarily throwing or attempting to throw acid), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint), 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC. Golu has been arrested while Kali is absconding.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
According to police, the neighbours had gotten into fights in the past as well. Police said matters took a turn for the worse on Wednesday night. After throwing acid on the woman, the men fled the spot.
Dheeraj Singh, the woman’s relative, said, “Golu, Kalia and Bobby had been harassing her. The three live in the neighbourhood. When she was passing by on a street in the area on Wednesday, the men accosted her and made lewd remarks after which she filed a complaint against them at the local police station. Golu and Kalia then came shouting to our house asking her to withdraw the complaint. When she refused, they threw acid at her.”