Two unidentified bikers threw acid on a 26-year-old woman in West Delhi’s Mongolpuri on Sunday. In another incident, a 55-year-old woman was shot at by two men on a bike in East Delhi’s Shakarpur, the same area where an MTech student was shot dead last month. Both the women were admitted to hospitals and are stable.
In Mongolpuri, police said Rachna was on her way back home from a market when two men on a bike accosted her. One of them allegedly threw acid on her, police said.
“She told police that her skin started to burn and she raised an alarm. She was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi hospital and later referred to Safdarjung hospital. Her condition is stable,” a police officer said. Rachna has sustained 33 per cent burns.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
In Shakarpur, a 55-year-old woman was shot at by two men on a bike, who tried to snatch her chain. The woman, Jayshree, was admitted to Max hospital.
Police said Jayshree was returning home from a wedding. “Her husband, an auto-rickshaw driver, was driving while she was in the passenger seat when they were intercepted by the bikers. One of the bikers tried to snatch the gold chain she was wearing. When she resisted, the other biker whipped out a pistol and fired at her before fleeing the spot,” a police officer said.
Police said Jayshree’s husband was not able to note the registration number of the bike. Police are questioning hawkers in the area for clues. On February 16, a 24-year-old MTech student was shot dead while his friend was injured by men on bikes in Shakarpur.
Woman constable ‘molested’ in DTC bus
A 35-year-old woman constable of the Delhi Police was allegedly molested inside a moving DTC bus on Saturday evening. The accused has been identified as 24-year-old Abhinav Dua. The woman claimed she was molested by the accused in South Delhi’s R K Puram area, police said. A case has been filed and the man arrested.