Two unidentified bikers threw acid on a 26-year-old woman in West Delhi’s Mongolpuri on Sunday. In another incident, a 55-year-old woman was shot at by two men on a bike in East Delhi’s Shakarpur, the same area where an MTech student was shot dead last month. Both the women were admitted to hospitals and are stable.
In Mongolpuri, police said Rachna was on her way back home from a market when two men on a bike accosted her. One of them allegedly threw acid on her, police said.
“She told police that her skin started to burn and she raised an alarm. She was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi hospital and later referred to Safdarjung hospital. Her condition is stable,” a police officer said. Rachna has sustained 33 per cent burns.
In Shakarpur, a 55-year-old woman was shot at by two men on a bike, who tried to snatch her chain. The woman, Jayshree, was admitted to Max hospital.
Police said Jayshree was returning home from a wedding. “Her husband, an auto-rickshaw driver, was driving while she was in the passenger seat when they were intercepted by the bikers. One of the bikers tried to snatch the gold chain she was wearing. When she resisted, the other biker whipped out a pistol and fired at her before fleeing the spot,” a police officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police said Jayshree’s husband was not able to note the registration number of the bike. Police are questioning hawkers in the area for clues. On February 16, a 24-year-old MTech student was shot dead while his friend was injured by men on bikes in Shakarpur.
Woman constable ‘molested’ in DTC bus
A 35-year-old woman constable of the Delhi Police was allegedly molested inside a moving DTC bus on Saturday evening. The accused has been identified as 24-year-old Abhinav Dua. The woman claimed she was molested by the accused in South Delhi’s R K Puram area, police said. A case has been filed and the man arrested.