The FIR registered by the Faridabad police, on the torching of Jitender’s house in Sunpedh village in Faridabad district, states that the incident took place at around 2 am on Tuesday.
Both of Jitender’s children were burnt to death, while his wife Rekha suffered 30 per cent burns in the attack.
Jitender was sleeping inside with his wife and children, while the rest of his family was away, attending a jaagran organised for Navratri.
- Sunpedh Dalit killings: Complainants agree to lie detector test
- Death of Dalit Children: Mother to undergo surgery at Safdarjung Hospital
- Faridabad: Fire that killed Dalit kids started in room, not outside, say Forensic experts
- Death of dalit children: CBI visits Sunpedh village, files murder case against 11
- Dalit kids death: Seven of a family held; we were attacked, says mother
- Rajnath Singh seeks report as 2 Dalit kids are burnt alive in ‘revenge killing’ by Rajputs in Faridabad
According to the FIR, the accused, who belong to the Thakur community, “jumped across the boundary wall” and entered the house.
Petrol was sprinkled through the “ventilator” and poured inside “from under the main door” of the room, stated the FIR, filed on the basis of Jitender’s complaint.
The arrested accused – Balwant, Jagat, Adel and Naunihal entered the house — stated the FIR.
It added that other accused — Joginder, Suraj, Akash, Amal, Sanjay, Dharam Singh and Desh Raj — stood outside. The seven accused have been arrested.
Adel and Naunihal ignited the petrol using a match stick, after which all the accused escaped from the crime spot, stated the FIR.
It claimed that while leaving the premises, the group started chanting slogans against the Dalit community.
The FIR claimed that neighbours tried to help Jitender and his family and rushed them to the hospital.