Rajneesh Singh, who allegedly stabbed his 36-year-old wife Shweta Singh to death suspecting her of infidelity on Sunday, had hired private detectives and planted bugs in their house to spy on his wife, police said.
On Sunday morning, Rajneesh, in his mid-forties who is an alumnus of IIM-Ahmedabad and works for a consultancy firm in Gurgaon, allegedly stabbed Shweta to death with a kitchen knife at their residence in Parsvanath Greens township in Gurgaon’s Sector-48.
They have three children — two daughters aged eight and five, and an 11-month-old son.
Police said Rajneesh stabbed Shweta, who ran a day-care centre in DLF Phase-IV, several times. The couple had been married for almost 10 years.
According to police, after allegedly killing Shweta, Rajneesh called up his parents and then informed police.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Rajneesh told us that he had asked some private detectives to spy on Shweta, whom he suspected of having an affair. Not only that, every morning before he used to leave for office, he would allegedly plant recording devices at various places in the house. He would allegedly listen to them once he got back from office,” a senior police officer said.
According to police, Rajneesh alleged a man would often visit their house in Sector-48 once he would leave for office and their eight-year-old daughter would leave for school. Police are verifying his claims.
“Rajneesh told us that he confronted Shweta on Sunday morning and, in a fit of rage, allegedly stabbed her with a kitchen knife in the presence of their daughter. After that, he called his parents and police, and then gave himself up, confessing to the crime,” the police officer said.
The couple previously lived with Rajneesh’s mother in DLF Phase-IV, where Shweta ran the day-care centre first from their house and then from a rented location less than a kilometre away.
According to police, Rajneesh was presented before a magistrate on Monday and taken into police custody. “We have taken him into custody for three days,” Alok Mittal, Commissioner of Police (Gurgaon), said.
Police said Shweta’s post-mortem report indicates more than 15 stab wounds on the chest, stomach, abdomen, neck and elbow. The majority of the wounds are on the abdomen. “The post-mortem report indicates multiple stab wounds, mostly to her abdomen… The cause of death was shock and haemorrhage,” Mittal said.
Sources said the consultancy firm, where the accused was employed, was founded in 2009 and runs out of Sikandarpur in Gurgaon.