A 28-year-old man and a 25 year-old woman were killed and three of their friends suffered extensive injuries after their car rammed a divider near Delhi Secretariat and flipped over twice before hitting a lamp-post on the other side of the road a few hours after midnight Sunday, said police. The impact was so powerful that gas cutters had to be used to pull out the victims from the mangled car, police added.
M S Randhawa, Deputy Commissioner of Police (central district), said the deceased were identified as Kashish Anand and Ayushi Gulati. Their injured friends were identified as Manak, Shobojit and Shakun Verma, he added.
Preliminary investigation revealed they were returning from the wedding of a friend in Laxmi Nagar and heading towards Connaught Place to drop off Kashish, who came to Delhi Sunday morning from Haryana’s Yamuna Nagar in his car and parked it in CP. The others had arrived from Dehradun.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“The incident occurred around 2 am when they were in Vikas Marg, but suddenly a speeding Bullet motorcycle came in front of their car and Shobojit, who was driving the car, lost control,” said a police officer.
Eyewitnesses told police the car was also moving at high speed when it rammed the divider and the biker sped away. “A passerby informed police about the crash,” said the officer. “The victims were taken to hospital, where Kashish and Ayushi succumbed to injuries. The condition of the others is stated to be critical,” the officer added.
“We are not sure if anyone was inebriated at the time of incident. We have not received their medical report and not recorded their statements,” said the officer. “A case has been registered at I P Estate police station and investigations are on.”