The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) continued its attack on Lt-Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung and the Central government for the lack of an elected government in the capital on Sunday. Senior AAP leaders alleged the Lt-Governor was acting at the behest of the BJP-led Central government.
“It is not the L-G who is making decisions but the Centre which is ruling Delhi. The work being done here is as per the wishes of the BJP,” senior AAP leader Manish Sisodia said.
Reacting to the Lt-Governor’s remarks that work in the capital would be set back by two months if fresh elections take place, Sisodia said, “In Delhi, the L-G has said that work will suffer for two months. But six months have already gone waste. If a government gets formed in Delhi without fresh polls, it will be through horse-trading. The situation will be even worse for Delhi then. Such a government cannot be expected to work with honesty.”
Voicing similar concerns, another senior AAP leader and spokesperson Ashutosh said, “On February 14, when Arvind (Kejriwal) resigned, he had suggested to the L-G that the Assembly should be dissolved. On the same day, Harsh Vardhan had said that the BJP cannot form a government since they do not have the required numbers and that they were willing to sit in the Opposition. Till now, the BJP has clearly said that they are not in the mood to form the government. The AAP has said the same thing and so has the Congress.”
Ashutosh further raised concerns about the Lt-Governor’s position on the issue. “When there is no possibility of government formation, why is the L-G still exploring this option? Whose diktat is he following?” he asked.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pointing to the resignations of governors appointed under the UPA government after the BJP formed the Central government, Ashutosh said, “All governors appointed by the UPA have been resettled, except Najeeb Jung. He is behaving as the Centre wants him to. In our interaction with the L-G, it is clear where his stand lies. If he is not willing to dissolve the Assembly, he is giving all opportunity to the BJP to form the government, by hook or by crook.”