Though the AAP’s second list of Lok Sabha candidates is yet to be out, the speculation that former minister Rakhi Birla may contest Lok Sabha elections from Northwest Delhi has irked a section of AAP supporters.
A group of people claiming to be members of the party held demonstrations in front of the AAP office at Hanuman Road in Connaught Place on Saturday afternoon.
“The party is selecting candidates behind closed doors. We are not against the AAP, we are against the manner in which tickets are being distributed. The party has decide to let Rakhi Birla contest Lok Sabha elections from Northwest Delhi. How was this decision made? She is an MLA and was even made a minister in the Delhi government. Could they not find anyone else for the seat?” Mehfooz Alam, a resident of a JJ colony in Bawana, said.
Claiming to be associated with the party since its formation, another protester, Jai Kapish Thakur said, “We do not have anything against Rakhi Birla.We only want to know why the party could not find anyone from the 162 applications it received from that Lok Sabha seat.”
Reacting to the protest, AAP leader Manish Sisodia said, “The opposition shows the extent of the AAP’s popularity and the demand for its tickets.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Former BJP MP, Bhojpuri actor join AAP
A former BJP MP from Himachal Pradesh Rajan Sushant and Bhojpuri film actor Rita Rani joined the AAP on Saturday. Hailing from Kangra in Himachal Pradesh, Sushant had launched a Lokpal movement akin to the nationwide Jan Lokpal movement, AAP leader Manish Sisodia said. While the party has not come out with an official statement on whether Sushant will be contesting for Lok Sabha polls, sources in the party said he might be given a ticket from Kangra.