The Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday expelled Ashwini Upadhyay, a member of the National Council, “due to his repeated involvement in anti-party activities” and reported refusal to respond to a showcause notice sent by the party leadership.
This comes after a month after Upadhyay publicly rebelled against the party, levelling allegations on Arvind Kejriwal and the party leadership.
On Sunday, Upadhyay organised a protest, which saw only around 50 people turn up, where Upadhyaya alleged that Kejriwal had entered into a “secret alliance with the Congress”. “They met at a hotel late last year, and a deal was made which would see Yogendra Yadav the Chief Minister of Haryana, Arvind Kejriwal the Chief Minister of Delhi and in return, the AAP will support Rahul Gandhi for the prime minister’s post if there was a hung Assembly,” Upadhyay alleged.
The party, however, summarily rejected any such allegation, saying they were entirely baseless. “We have been forced to expel him as he has been levelling these baseless allegations for close to a month. There was absolutely no such meeting, and these allegations are only a result of him not getting a ticket,” an AAP spokesperson said.
At the gathering called by Upadhyay, a small group of “AAP members” and “concerned citizens” demanded that Kejriwal be removed as national convenor of the AAP and Kumar Vishwas be instated in his place. “Kejriwal does not say anything against Jindal and GMR, but attacks Ambani… He is dangerous and we must vote him out of power,” Hariom Sharma, one of the speakers who alleged that he was a disenchanted AAP member, alleged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More