“For the past two days donations have swelled and we have received over Rs 80 lakh yesterday and Rs 35 lakh today. This easily crosses the one crore figure,” said a party leader.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The donations have come from within India and across the globe. Donation have come from party supporters from Singapore, USA, Belgium, Oman, Canada, Japan, Germany and Australia. A donor from Tamil Nadu on Thursday donated Rs 1 lakh while the minimum amount that was donated was Rs 10.
Two days back Kejriwal, who is contesting against BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from Varanasi, had appealed for donations for his campaign.
“Reached Varanasi. Will go to Amethi on 20th. Need clean money to fight Modi and Rahul. Pl sms me at 9868069953 if u wish to donate. Pl RT (retweet),” he had tweeted. The tweet has been retweeted by over 2000 people.
Reached varanasi. Will go to amethi on 20th. Need clean money to fight Modi and Rahul. Pl sms me at 9868069953 if u wish to donate. Pl RT.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) April 15, 2014
The Varanasi team had also asked for 10 laptops a few days back.