“For the past two days donations have swelled and we have received over Rs 80 lakh yesterday and Rs 35 lakh today. This easily crosses the one crore figure,” said a party leader.
The donations have come from within India and across the globe. Donation have come from party supporters from Singapore, USA, Belgium, Oman, Canada, Japan, Germany and Australia. A donor from Tamil Nadu on Thursday donated Rs 1 lakh while the minimum amount that was donated was Rs 10.
Two days back Kejriwal, who is contesting against BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from Varanasi, had appealed for donations for his campaign.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Reached Varanasi. Will go to Amethi on 20th. Need clean money to fight Modi and Rahul. Pl sms me at 9868069953 if u wish to donate. Pl RT (retweet),” he had tweeted. The tweet has been retweeted by over 2000 people.
Reached varanasi. Will go to amethi on 20th. Need clean money to fight Modi and Rahul. Pl sms me at 9868069953 if u wish to donate. Pl RT.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) April 15, 2014
The Varanasi team had also asked for 10 laptops a few days back.