The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), on demanded that the central government should reduce the electricity and water tariffs in the interim budget of the National Capital Territory (NCT).
“The AAP appeals to the central government to honour the sentiments of the overwhelming majority in the Delhi assembly while presenting the state’s budget in Parliament, and it should reduce the electricity tariffs by 50 per cent and provide 700 litres of water free for every household.
“Since the BJP’s central government has continued with the previous Congress-led UPA government’s decision of keeping the state assembly in suspended animation, and this situation has been continuing for five months now, therefore the view of nearly 90 per cent of the MLAs cannot be ignored,” the party said in a statement.
It added that in the assembly elections held in December, 60 of the 70 MLAs (32 BJP and 28 AAP) were elected on the promise of reducing the electricity tariffs in the city.
Slamming the UPA government for withdrawing subsidies given by AAP government while it was in power, the party said that the BJP too allowed the budget to be passed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The UPA government withdrew the subsidy on electricity and water that was provided by the AAP government, and even the BJP quietly allowed the interim budget to be passed without raising the demand for the restoration of the relief that was given to the people.
“The Congress, which systematically allowed the private power distribution companies (discoms) to raise the electricity tariffs in Delhi during the Sheila Dikshit regime, was not expected to lower these tariffs nor did it make this promise to the people,” the party said.
Since Delhi is under Centre’s rule, budget of the National Capital is expected to be presented in the on-going Parliament session. Meanwhile, the AAP has slammed Israel for its “unprovoked” attacks on Gaza and demanded that India should support the cause of independent Palestine.
“We call upon the government of India to support the call for an independent Palestine. These demands, specially for an independent Palestine are hugely important and both the Government and civil society must rise to support the Palestinian people and their struggle for justice, peace and independence,” the party said.