Coming out in support of RTI activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found dead in a car in Greater Noida yesterday, the Aam Aadmi Party has demanded action for the “laxity” shown by the police.
“The AAP demands that the state government should seek an immediate report from the district administration about the entire facts of the case and the police should be pulled up for its laxity in first ignoring the complaint given to it by Sharma about the threat to his life, and now its extreme reluctance in investigating the case”, the party said in a statement on Saturday.
“The family of Mr Sharma has clearly named those behind his murder and the police version that the death took place due to his car catching fire lacks credibility,” it said.
AAP has also alleged that the police was reluctant to investigate the facts given by Sharma’s family.
“The party is shocked at the police reluctance to investigate the case, particularly given the fact that the murdered activist had given a written complaint to the police on April 29 about the threats to his life which he was receiving from the land mafia.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The family has named five persons who are behind the murder and the police cannot brush aside the family’s version. Though under public pressure, the police has finally registered a case of murder against the accused, but according to the family of the deceased, the police appears ready to give the benefit of doubt to the accused,” the statement added.