Coming out in support of RTI activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found dead in a car in Greater Noida yesterday, the Aam Aadmi Party has demanded action for the “laxity” shown by the police.
“The AAP demands that the state government should seek an immediate report from the district administration about the entire facts of the case and the police should be pulled up for its laxity in first ignoring the complaint given to it by Sharma about the threat to his life, and now its extreme reluctance in investigating the case”, the party said in a statement on Saturday.
“The family of Mr Sharma has clearly named those behind his murder and the police version that the death took place due to his car catching fire lacks credibility,” it said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
AAP has also alleged that the police was reluctant to investigate the facts given by Sharma’s family.
“The party is shocked at the police reluctance to investigate the case, particularly given the fact that the murdered activist had given a written complaint to the police on April 29 about the threats to his life which he was receiving from the land mafia.
“The family has named five persons who are behind the murder and the police cannot brush aside the family’s version. Though under public pressure, the police has finally registered a case of murder against the accused, but according to the family of the deceased, the police appears ready to give the benefit of doubt to the accused,” the statement added.