The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday lambasted the BJP for allegedly using the Delhi Police to harass its workers.
Four AAP workers were detained by the Delhi Police for pasting party posters earlier in the day. “The Delhi Police has become a puppet in the hands of the BJP. It is acting like a dictator. The police are harassing our party workers by arresting them for pasting posters on walls and claim that we are defacing the national Capital.
“But you take a walk across the city and one can see posters of Narendra Modi, Amit Shah and BJP everywhere. So why is the BJP only targeting the Aam Aadmi Party,” said senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Another senior leader Manish Sisodia asked why was the Delhi Police differentiating between AAP and BJP workers. “We are all against defacement, but if you want to implement the law, then have the same yardstick for everyone,” Sisodia said.
Meanwhile, the party has decided to hold a rally at the Jantar Mantar to put pressure on the ruling BJP and call for fresh elections. “We will be holding a rally on August 3 at Jantar Mantar and demand for fresh election in the National Capital,” AAP’s Delhi party unit secretary Dilip Pandey said.
Pandey and four AAP workers were recently arrested for allegedly inciting hatred by posting inflammatory posters. The party too had attacked the BJP and had alleged that the saffron party was targeting AAP and its volunteers.