The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday lambasted the BJP for allegedly using the Delhi Police to harass its workers.
Four AAP workers were detained by the Delhi Police for pasting party posters earlier in the day. “The Delhi Police has become a puppet in the hands of the BJP. It is acting like a dictator. The police are harassing our party workers by arresting them for pasting posters on walls and claim that we are defacing the national Capital.
“But you take a walk across the city and one can see posters of Narendra Modi, Amit Shah and BJP everywhere. So why is the BJP only targeting the Aam Aadmi Party,” said senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh.
Another senior leader Manish Sisodia asked why was the Delhi Police differentiating between AAP and BJP workers. “We are all against defacement, but if you want to implement the law, then have the same yardstick for everyone,” Sisodia said.
Meanwhile, the party has decided to hold a rally at the Jantar Mantar to put pressure on the ruling BJP and call for fresh elections. “We will be holding a rally on August 3 at Jantar Mantar and demand for fresh election in the National Capital,” AAP’s Delhi party unit secretary Dilip Pandey said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Pandey and four AAP workers were recently arrested for allegedly inciting hatred by posting inflammatory posters. The party too had attacked the BJP and had alleged that the saffron party was targeting AAP and its volunteers.