Anna Hazare failed to make an appearance at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s much publicised rally in the capital on Wednesday. But it was the AAP and the BJP which made the most of the TMC’s failed attempt to garner support in Delhi.
While AAP supporters and its media cell went into an anti-Hazare overdrive on Twitter, the BJP sources seemed perfectly satisfied with the turn of events.
In fact, BJP sources pointed out that they had extended tacit support to Hazare’s India Against Corruption (IAC) movement, but Hazare had instead chosen to support the TMC.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, AAP’s IT cell head Ankit Lal tweeted, “Smone told me that ‘aaja aaja main hoon pyaar tera…’ playing at Anna’s TMC rally in Ramlila ground. Sad! I hv fond memories of the place!” Several of Lal’s anti-Hazare tweets were retweeted by AAP supporters.
Other tweets mentioned Kiran Bedi and V K Singh, blaming them for the differences between Arvind Kejriwal and Hazare.
One of the AAP supporters addressed a tweet to Lal “@ankitlal anna becharesidhe sade admi he.bedi aur vk ke chakkar me fas ke kahi ke nahi rtahe.(Anna is a simple man. Now he does not belong to anyone because of Bedi and V K Singh),” the tweet stated.
AAP supporters also took a dig at the thin crowd at Mamata’s rally. The TMC had promised a huge rally, hoping that Hazare’s popularity would attract large numbers.
ComedyNightwithKapil tweeted a picture of empty chairs at the ground, saying, “The huge TMC rally in Delhi — by chairs.” The tweet was retweeted by Lal.
Another tweet said, “Uncontrol Crowd at TMC rally …all thanx to Anna.”
“@ankitlal there are not even 500 ppl present at Anna-TMC rally in Ram leela maidan,” yet another tweet by an AAP supporter said.
Former AAP leader Vinod Kumar Binny was also the target of many a joke.
“@comedywithkapil chairs are waiting koi to baith jao are didi aur anna ko sun ke jao koi to aao binny ko bhi bulaya hai. (Chairs are lying empty, someone please attend the rally and use the chairs… go listen to what Didi and Anna have to say… Binny has also been invited),” a tweet said.