Anna Hazare failed to make an appearance at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s much publicised rally in the capital on Wednesday. But it was the AAP and the BJP which made the most of the TMC’s failed attempt to garner support in Delhi.
While AAP supporters and its media cell went into an anti-Hazare overdrive on Twitter, the BJP sources seemed perfectly satisfied with the turn of events.
In fact, BJP sources pointed out that they had extended tacit support to Hazare’s India Against Corruption (IAC) movement, but Hazare had instead chosen to support the TMC.
Meanwhile, AAP’s IT cell head Ankit Lal tweeted, “Smone told me that ‘aaja aaja main hoon pyaar tera…’ playing at Anna’s TMC rally in Ramlila ground. Sad! I hv fond memories of the place!” Several of Lal’s anti-Hazare tweets were retweeted by AAP supporters.
Other tweets mentioned Kiran Bedi and V K Singh, blaming them for the differences between Arvind Kejriwal and Hazare.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
One of the AAP supporters addressed a tweet to Lal “@ankitlal anna becharesidhe sade admi he.bedi aur vk ke chakkar me fas ke kahi ke nahi rtahe.(Anna is a simple man. Now he does not belong to anyone because of Bedi and V K Singh),” the tweet stated.
AAP supporters also took a dig at the thin crowd at Mamata’s rally. The TMC had promised a huge rally, hoping that Hazare’s popularity would attract large numbers.
ComedyNightwithKapil tweeted a picture of empty chairs at the ground, saying, “The huge TMC rally in Delhi — by chairs.” The tweet was retweeted by Lal.
Another tweet said, “Uncontrol Crowd at TMC rally …all thanx to Anna.”
“@ankitlal there are not even 500 ppl present at Anna-TMC rally in Ram leela maidan,” yet another tweet by an AAP supporter said.
Former AAP leader Vinod Kumar Binny was also the target of many a joke.
“@comedywithkapil chairs are waiting koi to baith jao are didi aur anna ko sun ke jao koi to aao binny ko bhi bulaya hai. (Chairs are lying empty, someone please attend the rally and use the chairs… go listen to what Didi and Anna have to say… Binny has also been invited),” a tweet said.