A clash between Aam Aadmi Party and Bharatiya Janata councillors on Friday marred the special joint session of the
Municipal Corporation of Delhi at Ramlila Maidan.
A fight broke out between the two groups after BJP councillors objected to AAP members wearing party caps at the session. AAP Councillor Rakesh Kumar among those roughed up for wearing the party cap. He was looking for a chance to speak at the meeting of the three MCDs.
Watch: Clash between AAP and BJP councillors at MCD joint session in Delhi.http://t.co/q9ZFIUu2tj
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 9, 2016
Earlier, Leader of the opposition SDMC, Farhad Suri attacked both AAP and BJP over the poor status of the MCDs and Delhi city.
Congress councillors also walked out of the joint session as a proposed amendment to a resolution condemning Arun Jaitley was rejected by the BJP.
The special joint session of the three MCDs was held at Ramlila Maidan to discuss “issues with Delhi government.”
- Garbage swells in East Delhi as sanitation workers strike
- Kamaljeet Sehrawat elected South Delhi Mayor
- MCD election results 2017: BJP's thumping win sets stage for 2020 Assembly battle with AAP
- In ‘battle for MCDs’, AAP asks MLAs to regularly attend civic house meetings
- AAP, BJP Councillors Clash
- As House meets, MCDs line up counter session at Ramlila Maidan