A clash between Aam Aadmi Party and Bharatiya Janata councillors on Friday marred the special joint session of the
Municipal Corporation of Delhi at Ramlila Maidan.
A fight broke out between the two groups after BJP councillors objected to AAP members wearing party caps at the session. AAP Councillor Rakesh Kumar among those roughed up for wearing the party cap. He was looking for a chance to speak at the meeting of the three MCDs.
Watch: Clash between AAP and BJP councillors at MCD joint session in Delhi.http://t.co/q9ZFIUu2tj
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 9, 2016
Earlier, Leader of the opposition SDMC, Farhad Suri attacked both AAP and BJP over the poor status of the MCDs and Delhi city.
Congress councillors also walked out of the joint session as a proposed amendment to a resolution condemning Arun Jaitley was rejected by the BJP.
The special joint session of the three MCDs was held at Ramlila Maidan to discuss “issues with Delhi government.”
- Echo in asssembly as AAP steps up attack on BJP
- 12-member BJP team to keep eye on graft in MCDs — and govt
- In ‘battle for MCDs’, AAP asks MLAs to regularly attend civic house meetings
- AAP, BJP Councillors Clash
- AAP condemns attack on ‘Dalit’ councillor in Delhi
- As House meets, MCDs line up counter session at Ramlila Maidan