With the LG planning to call the single largest party to form the government in Delhi, the AAP today launched a scathing attack on Najeeb Jung accusing him of promoting “horse-trading”.
“Media reports clearly signal that Lt Governor of Delhi is promoting horse trading. President should not allow him and BJP to play with democracy. It will be a rape of Constitution if a party which has refused to form government once, is invited to form the Govt,” senior AAP leader and party’s Delhi convenor Ashutosh tweeted.
“I hope Lt Governor remembers that letter of refusal written by (then BJP Chief Ministerial candidate) Harsh Vardhan. If he does not have, then AAP can pass it to him. How can Lt Governor invite a party to form the govt which has in writing refused to from govt. BJP did this in December,” he said.
Ashutosh said former President K R Narayanan had set a precedent that the party which had proof of majority will only be invited to from the government.
“AAP will request President Pranab Mukherjee to not let Delhi Assembly be made a floor for horse trading. President K R Narayanan has set the precedent long back. As per him, party which claims majority should have proof of majority support.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Constitutionally minority government can’t be formed. No party can be allowed to form government without submitting proof of majority support in Assembly,” he tweeted.
BJP is likely to be invited to form a government in Delhi with Jung sending a report to the President seeking permission to call the single largest party to take a shot at power though it is well short of majority in the Assembly.
Senior AAP leader and Patparganj MLA Manish Sisodia said that if media reports were true, then it was against the “spirit of the Constitution.”
The Congress too attacked the LG, saying BJP should not get an opportunity to form government “using the back door”.
“BJP should first prove its majority on the floor of the House. Congress and its MLAs will vote against the motion and not align with a communal party like BJP,” Congress spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said.
The BJP has said that if contacted by the LG, it will do a critical analysis of the situation before taking any call.
“Our stand is clear. If polls are held then we are ready. If LG calls us then it is our political duty to do a critical analysis and take a call,” said BJP Delhi unit chief Satish Upadhya.