Aam Aadmi Party on Monday accused the BJP-led Central government of “snatching away” the power of Delhi Government’s Anti Corruption Branch (ACB), fearing registration of more cases against several leaders if AAP comes to power.
“Centre had on July 23 issued a notification which favour to minimise the power of ACB of Delhi government. As AAP is set to come to power in Delhi, Centre is limiting the power of ACB, fearing the registeration of more cases against several leaders and others,” AAP senior leader Sanjay Singh told reporters here.
“When AAP was in power, Delhi Government had registered FIR against Mukesh Ambani, Murali Deora and Veerappa Moily in a case of corruption. To save their men, this notification has been brought by the new government”, Singh said.
“BJP is snatching away the power of ACB. Why the party (BJP), which came to power with an aim to bring back black money and eradicate corruption from the country, is doing this?” he asked.
The AAP leader said that his party wants the Central Government to withdraw this notification immediately.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“If this notification is immediately not withdrawn by the Centre, AAP will launch a campaign against it and tell Delhiites about BJP working to limiting the power of ACB,” Singh added.
Slamming the BJP on the e-rickshaw issue, he said, “Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari fooled lakhs of e-rickshaw drivers by making false promises during his rally in Ramlila Ground. If there is no amendment (in Motor Vehicles Act)in the ongoing Parliament session, lakhs of persons will have to face problems of earning their livelihood and only BJP will be responsible for this.”
Another AAP leader Dilip Pandey said that BJP had promised in its manifesto that if it comes to power, party will declare Delhi a full state.
“BJP had promised to declare Delhi a full state if the party came to power, but they are doing nothing in this regard. Instead of empowering ACB to eradicate corruption from Delhi, they (Centre) are limiting its powers,” Pandey said.