Rajneesh Kumar Singh’s last post on Facebook was the illustration of an elderly couple holding hands, with the caption, “The most romantic love story isn’t Romeo and Juliet who died together, but grandpa and grandma who grew old together”. Singh shared the cartoon twice on January 30. The only other post he shared that day was a postcard that read, “When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.” Exactly a month later — on March 2, 2014 — his love story ended unromantic, and he looked, not at stars, but at his wife’s dead body.
Singh, an IIM-A alumnus and vice-president of a Gurgaon-based consultancy who allegedly stabbed his wife to death on suspicion of infidelity, was not very active on Facebook, with few status updates a month. Most of these were not status messages but philosophical postcards — one read, “You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind”, while another classified men from women’s point of view; in that, the husband is the “most selfish, heartless, total jerk, and the man with the worst behaviour in the world”.
Singh also shared a long note, not written by him, on “How men think in relationships”. It listed “rules from the male side” of a relationship, including not to expect men to read minds, that women “have enough clothes and too many shoes”, “crying is blackmail” and “I am in shape. Round is a shape.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Shape was one thing Singh was quite vocal about on Facebook. On July 3, 2012, he posted, “Giving up on coke is finally bearing fruit. My weight has reached below 100 (99.4) for the first time in almost two decades”. His friends, who call him ‘Scrufy’, congratulated him. He also posted an illustration of “40 different ab exercises” and a postcard saying, “The only reason I am fat is because a tiny body couldn’t store all this personality.”
Singh shared several pictures of his children on Facebook, especially his 11-month-old son, Rudra. One of them, captioned “First Solid Meal for Rudra”, shows the father feeding his son mashed banana.
In one picture, Singh and Rudra are “in deep conversation”, in another, Rudra flashes his “loveable expressions”, and in yet another, Singh celebrates Rudra’s birthday with his slain wife, Shweta Singh, and daughter Sana.
Police on Tuesday said they would record the statements of Shweta Singh’s parents, who are out of town, once they return. Shweta was stabbed to death allegedly by her husband Rajneesh Kumar Singh on March 2. The couple’s three children — two daughters aged five and eight, and an 11-month-old son — are currently living with their grandmother. ENS