It’S common to find top cops turn to penning books about their time in the force. But Brijesh Singh (in picture), Additional Commissioner North, Mumbai, has done the same, albeit with a difference. Instead of writing a memoir on the time he has spent hunting down terrorists, he has used his considerable experience in the field to write a pot-boiler of a novel, Quantum Siege (Penguin Books, Rs 250). The 252-pager follows Rudra Pratap, a policeman with an attitude who looks to foil a terror plot in the city even as he breaks rules, falls in love and breaks into Zen parables.
“I believe a cop’s life is shrouded in mystery. People don’t really know what happens in a control room, and whatever they know is through the media who get a watered down version of true events,” says Singh. After much coaxing from friends and family, and a decent contract from Penguin, Singh started writing Quantum Siege.
Singh has had his fair share of terrorist chases. He had a brush with a terror outfit in Aurangabad, which yielded the largest haul of weapons and RDX from a terrorist. This experience does seem to seep into the book. If you look beyond the pop, the book does offer an insight into the functioning of the police — from how various departments interact with each other, to how officers in different ranks address each other. “I wanted to give people an idea of how people interact with the prime minister, or how foreign agencies interact with each other,” says Singh, who has also used experiences of people currently working in the police force.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Singh does not wish to make this book into a series yet, he does hope that there might be Bollywood offers in the future.