Touted as one of the largest housing schemes of Delhi Development Authority (DDA), the 2014 housing scheme will include 850 vacant flats, which were part of earlier schemes but were lying unoccupied for some time. The scheme is expected to have 26,000 flats on offer across various categories.
“The housing scheme had been sent to the L-G’s office for approval but the file has been sent back with certain queries regarding the 850 flats, before clearance is given. We will be sending our responses soon,’’ DDA vice-chairman Balvinder Kumar said, adding that the scheme might be rolled out at the end of July or August this year.
The 850 flats are located in areas like Narela, Dwarka, Rohini, Jasola, Kondli Gharoli, Loknayak Puram and Mukerjee Nagar, and include flats of lower, middle and higher income groups.
According to Kumar, to prevent people from participating in this scheme for a purely speculative purpose, DDA will introduce a new clause in the agreement. “We are thinking of introducing a clause whereby these flats will only be registered after five years,” Kumar said, adding that the clause is necessary as many people buy DDA flats only to sell them later to builders for a profit.
“If registration is withheld for five years, it will be equivalent to giving the flats on leasehold basis. This is in contrast to the conversion policy, introduced to convert leasehold flats into freehold so that allottees of these flats could be given their ownership rights,” a source said.
Out of the 26,000 flats, the first set of 15,000 flats will be ready by July, while another major chunk of flats will be ready by the end of December. Finally, about 1,000 houses will be completed by March next year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More