A six-year-old child was admitted to a hospital in Ghaziabad after he was mercilessly beaten up with rulers by his teacher for not finishing homework, police said Saturday.
“An FIR has been registered against Krishna Public School under Section 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code. No name has been mentioned in the FIR by the family of the child, Akshay. We will find out who the teacher was and suitable action will be taken against the teacher and the principal,” an officer said.
Akshay’s aunt Seema Kashyap said the child was beaten up since he did not finish his homework. She alleged that Akshay was not even allowed to have lunch.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Akshay has swelling all over the body. The teacher beat him with a wooden stick and then with a steel ruler. She stuffed a handkerchief into his mouth so that he wouldn’t scream. She also did not let him eat during lunch hour and asked him to stand with his hands raised. Other parents too have complained that the teacher has been mistreating their wards,” Kashyap said.
The school principal, Kavita Yadav, said the teacher had been hired on a trial basis and would be expelled.
“I am out of station currently and so I am not fully aware of what happened. But I have nonetheless called her and scolded her. When I return on Tuesday, I will deal with her,” she said.