A 15-year-old girl made to work as a domestic help has managed to reach out to Gurgaon police and narrate her suffering of being trafficked from Jharkhand, gangraped, tortured and abused in Delhi and NCR over a period of five years.
The minor girl escaped from her latest place of work, a house in RTC, Bhondsi, in the early hours of Wednesday and reached the local police station.
- Court ordered segregation under POCSO: 'I’ll work hard for 3 years, earn enough, till then, separation is good'
- Three-year-old girl raped by juvenile in northeast Delhi, say police
- Jharkhand girl found in Gurgaon, officials suspect trafficking
- Didi used CCTVs to record my every move, fed me after seeing footage, says ‘torture’ victim
- DCW rescues 16-yr-old domestic help ‘kept confined for 10 years’
- Three-year-old girl ‘sexually tortured with needles’ dies in hospital in Kolkata
According to information shared by the police, and the Child Welfare Committee (CWC), the girl was 10 years old when she and four other girls were trafficked from their village in Godda district by a villager who dabbles in the illegal trade. One of them was taken to
Ranchi and the rest were brought to Delhi.
In her complaint, the girl said she and the others were taken to a domestic workers’ agency in Anand Vihar area. She said she was sexually abused and mentally tortured by employees at the agency on the orders of its owner, whom she named as Meena. She said the other girls faced the same fate.
According to the girl, they were not abused at places where they were sent to work on contract, but did not get paid, as Meena used to keep all the money. “When we used to come back to the agency on holidays or after contracts ended, the owner of the agency used to leave four to five men in a room to exploit us,” she said in her complaint.
Shakuntla Dhull, director of CWC, Gurgaon, said Friday, “This sexual harassment and abuse of the child happened for five long years. The minor was found with bite marks on her body. They have not faded away.” The girl has been sent to Aarushi child protection home after counselling.
The CWC has written to Delhi Police and Jharkhand Police to trace her family and the person who trafficked her and the others. Medical examination of the girl confirmed sexual assault, said Dhull. Police have registered a case under The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and IPC sections.