The fourth cut-off list announced by Delhi University seems to have little on offer for general category students, with many sought-after colleges closing admissions to most courses. Seats are, however, up for grabs for SC/ST/OBC category students in numerous colleges.
Colleges which have closed admissions to arts and commerce courses include SRCC, Lady Shri Ram, Ramjas, Gargi, Maitreyi, Kirori Mal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh and Venkateshwara colleges.
LSR has set a cut-off of 95 per cent for BA Programme — the lone programme on offer at the college. Gargi has closed admissions for all courses except BCom Programme (93.25) and BCom Honours (95.25). Similarly, Kirori Mal has only two courses on offer — Economics (92.75-95.25) and BCom (95.75- 98).
Admissions to Political Science (H) is open in two out of 43 colleges for general candidates. English (H) is still on offer at 11 out of 42 colleges, including Miranda House and LSR. BCom (H) is still up for grabs at 14 colleges of the university, which require cut-offs between 94-97 per cent.
Economics (H) is on offer at 9 out of 34 colleges, including Hindu College. In fact, with a cut-off requirement of 96.75 -98.25 for the course, Hindu College has recorded the highest cut-off requirement in the fourth list. At Hansraj College, admissions are open to most courses, which require a cut-off between 85-95.25 per cent. BA Programme is still on offer at 15 colleges, including Hansraj (85-94) and LSR (95).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Most popular courses, however, are still open for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.
Admission to BA Programme has been closed for general category students in most colleges, but are still open for students belonging to these categories. Kirori Mal, which has closed admissions for almost all courses for general category, is still offering admission in Economics, History and BCom Honours for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Nearly half the colleges that offer computer science have closed admissions in the general category.
However, seats for this course are still up for grabs in Hansraj, with 97-98 per cent cut-off in the fourth list.
Other colleges that have not closed admissions are Kalindi, PGDAV and Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies. Seats in pure sciences are also still open. While LSR has issued a cut-off of 95.5 per cent for BSc (Hons) Mathematics, North campus colleges like Ramjas and Hansraj are also offering the course in their fourth list.
At least five North Campus colleges are still offering Chemistry (H), while Physics (H) still features in Hindu College’s list — one of the few colleges where the course is still on offer.
The college has reduced the cut-off to 96.66 per cent from 97 per cent. Other top colleges, however, have shut their doors for admission to Physics (H).