Delhi police on Monday recovered a huge haul of 449 kilograms of marijuana from a truck on GT Karnal Road and arrested one person in connection with it.
- Accused in Rs 860-crore Axis Bank robbery attempt held in Rajasthan
- Accused in Rs 860 cr Axis Bank robbery bid held in Rajasthan
- Fake postal van used to ferry marijuana
- Delhi police arrests 37-yr-old employee for stealing 1kg gold from jewellery shop
- Man arrested with one kg of marijuana
- AroundTown: Man held with two kilograms of marijuana
The truck was intercepted by a PCR van this morning, following a tip-off that some people were carrying illegal drugs in a truck bearing Punjab registration number, said DCP (Control Room) R K Singh.
Police arrested one Surjit Singh, a resident of Gurdaspur in Punjab, while his two accomplices managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Nine bags containing 449 kg of marijuana were recovered from the truck. The accused and the truck were handed over to the local police of Mahindra Park Police Station.
A case under Sections 20/61/85 of NDPS Act has been registered by the police, he said.