Delhi police on Monday recovered a huge haul of 449 kilograms of marijuana from a truck on GT Karnal Road and arrested one person in connection with it.
- Special Cell makes this year’s biggest drug bust
- Delhi: 17-year-old murdered, Royal Enfield gives away accused
- 453 arrested for drug trafficking in Jammu this year: IGP
- Chandigarh Police bust gang of vehicle lifters, arrest six members
- Two arrested for drug peddling in Jammu and Kashmi
- AroundTown: Man held with two kilograms of marijuana
The truck was intercepted by a PCR van this morning, following a tip-off that some people were carrying illegal drugs in a truck bearing Punjab registration number, said DCP (Control Room) R K Singh.
Police arrested one Surjit Singh, a resident of Gurdaspur in Punjab, while his two accomplices managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Nine bags containing 449 kg of marijuana were recovered from the truck. The accused and the truck were handed over to the local police of Mahindra Park Police Station.
A case under Sections 20/61/85 of NDPS Act has been registered by the police, he said.