Around 40 juveniles escaped from North Delhi’s Mukherjee Nagar juvenile correction home by scaling the wall of the building. The incident was reported around 3 pm on Monday.
Authorities alleged that two of the 139 juveniles lodged in the correction home masterminded the escape plan. Officers said they had been planning to shift these two juveniles to the Majnu Ka Tila home. When they realised that they would be moved out, they went to the other boys and hatched the escape plan, a juvenile home officer said.
The two told others who escaped that they would be forced into child labour by the juvenile home staff if they did not escape, authorities said. “The moment the two juveniles were asked to pack their bags, one of them ran upstairs to the dormitory and banged his head against the wall till it began to bleed. He then went up to fellow inmates and told them that we tortured him. He told them he was abused by the staff members and that they would meet the same fate if they did not escape,” an officer said.
Before staff members could react, the minors broke the lock of their dormitory and rushed out. They went to the back side of the building and scaled the wall using wooden logs and planks kept on the floor, police said.
A PCR call was made around 3.40 pm and a team of officers reached the spot for inspection. “The juveniles did not damage the property of the home. Apart from the lock of the dormitory, everything else was found to be intact. We checked the cases lodged against the two juveniles who asked others to flee. We found that one of then has been involved in the murder of a jeweller’s wife, while the other has been involved in three cases of daylight robbery,” a police source said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police traced one of the boys and returned him to the home. They said they were looking for the others who had fled. A case has been registered and investigation is on. “The boys of this home have previously been involved in incidents of damaging property and creating havoc in the correction home. We are on the lookout for them,” an officer said.