32-year-old man dies after stepping on live wire in Mayur Vihar, probe on

The deceased worked for a software company in Noida.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: July 8, 2014 1:28 am

A 32-year-old man died after he was electrocuted in G D Colony, East Delhi on Sunday night. The victim, Raghavendra Upadhyay, came in contact with a live wire which lying right next to the balcony of the residence, police said.

Upadhyay, who had come with his wife for dinner at his friends flat, was walking across the balcony when he came in contact with the live wire, police said.

“The owner of the flat has been identified as Avinash Pandey. We are investigating the reason for the electrocution,” a police officer said.

According to BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) officials, Pandey had increased the length of his balcony and in the process encroached upon the distribution network.

Officials said that due to the illegal construction, the pole and the electric cable had come dangerously close to the balcony.

BYPL had also given the consumer three notices to remove the illegal encroachment in the past, officials said.

The deceased worked for a software company in Noida.

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results