Three persons,including a two-and-half year-old girl,were killed and two others injured after their car smashed into the divider on Yamuna Expressway in Greater Noida on Thursday night.
Police said the impact of the crash was such that Anshul Tripathi (40),one of the occupants of the car, died on the spot. The expressway paramedics managed to pull out the remaining four passengers Anshuls daughter two-and-a-half-year-old Ananya,his father V K Tripathi (50),his wife Rakhi (23) and his brother-in-law Ashish (18) who were admitted to a private hospital in Greater Noida.
Ananya and Ashish died at the hospital. V K Tripathi sustained serious injuries and has been admitted to the ICU. Rakhi is being treated for her injuries.
Police said the accident took place near Murshadpur village of Dankaur area of Greater Noida. The five were on their way to Delhi from their native Etahwa.
The driver suddenly lost control and the car hit the central divider and overturned. The car was being driven at high speed, SP (rural) Brijesh Singh said. No case has been lodged,he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In another incident,two employees of the Jaypee group were hit by a WagonR travelling at a high speed on the expressway near Jewar on Thursday.
One of the employees,Avnish,died on the spot while his colleague Chatrapal was seriously injured. A case of rash and negligent driving has been lodged against the driver of the WagonR,police said.