A 24-year-old youth was bludgeoned to death allegedly by three of his friends during a drunken brawl in Northwest Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area on Tuesday evening.
Police arrested the three men, who later allegedly confessed to the murder. According to police, a passerby informed the police control room about a body lying near the railway tracks in Saavan Park area.
“A police team rushed to the spot and found a youth lying semi-nude in a pool of blood. There were bottles and bricks, covered in blood, lying nearby. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead,” a senior police officer said.
- Ryan school murder case: Pradyuman Thakur murder case joins a list of several other 'botched-up' investigations
- Man tears poster put up for businessman’s birthday, ‘beaten to death’; two arrested
- Mumbai: Juvenile held for 'stabbing' friend to death over Rs 300
- Delhi: Man objects to friends smoking, they shoot him dead
- Three of family held for ‘murder’ of two brothers in Noida
- Delhi: Teen killed by friend in fight over whitener, instigator too held Cops say
Police said the face was disfigured, which made identification difficult.
Police questioned residents in the area and one of them told police that he had seen some youths heading to the railway tracks with liquor bottles.
Police soon tracked down the family of the man and they identified the body as that of Bhalla.
“The family revealed that Bhalla had gone out with three friends. The three men were picked up from their homes and, on sustained questioning, they confessed to having killed Bhalla during a drunken brawl,” the officer said.
Police have registered a case of murder and further investigations are on.