A 24-year-old youth was bludgeoned to death allegedly by three of his friends during a drunken brawl in Northwest Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area on Tuesday evening.
Police arrested the three men, who later allegedly confessed to the murder. According to police, a passerby informed the police control room about a body lying near the railway tracks in Saavan Park area.
“A police team rushed to the spot and found a youth lying semi-nude in a pool of blood. There were bottles and bricks, covered in blood, lying nearby. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead,” a senior police officer said.
- Hyderabad couple allegedly behead 3-month-old girl in human sacrifice, arrested
- Allahabad law student lynching case: Main accused arrested from Sultanpur
- Saharanpur police ‘inaction’: Three cops who refused to take youths to hospital booked
- Boxer was killed over video clip, woman, associates held: Delhi Police
- Daughters thrown off train: Man held at Lucknow station, says was drunk, wanted to kill them
- Jharkhand teen found dead, father and brother held
Police said the face was disfigured, which made identification difficult.
Police questioned residents in the area and one of them told police that he had seen some youths heading to the railway tracks with liquor bottles.
Police soon tracked down the family of the man and they identified the body as that of Bhalla.
“The family revealed that Bhalla had gone out with three friends. The three men were picked up from their homes and, on sustained questioning, they confessed to having killed Bhalla during a drunken brawl,” the officer said.
Police have registered a case of murder and further investigations are on.