A 19-year-old boy was arrested by the Delhi Police on Wednesday for the murder of two senior citizens in East Patel Nagar on June 14.
Police claimed that Deepanshu alias Deepu murdered Sewa Ram (92) and his daughter-in-law Sashi (62) on June 14.
He stole a mobile phone, along with Rs 25,000 in cash, from their residence, said the police.
According to the police, Deepu, who used to wash cars of the residents, wanted to make some quick money and thought that the senior citizens would make easy targets.
- Delhi: Five burglars who made manhole a home held
- Body found in drum in Mumbai: Real estate agent held for woman’s murder
- Murder of Jamia couple solved: Their son did it, says Delhi police
- Delhi: Man held for rape after wife files complaint
- Ghaziabad: Five held for rape, murder of priest’s daughter
- Delhi: 7-year-old boy killed for resisting sexual assault, accused held
“He went up to the flat in the afternoon that day, found a pair of scissors and killed both of them,” said DCP (central) Parmaditya.
A case has been registered in the Patel Nagar police station under sections 302, 394, 397 of the Indian Penal Code.
During the investigation, police visited the houses in the locality and realised that “a boy, who used to wash cars, had not been seen since the day of incident,” said the DCP.
Deepu had left Delhi after the incident and gone to his uncle’s house at Rae Bareli, said the police. When the police reached Rae Bareli to nab Deepu, they discovered that he had left for Delhi.
He was later arrested near Ramjas Park and the stolen mobile phone was recovered from his possession, said the police.