An 18-year-old girl and her 10-year-old brother were found murdered in their Northeast Delhi home on Thursday morning. Police said the children’s aunt discovered the bodies, which had multiple stab wounds.
A senior police officer said, “Champa Devi, the children’s aunt, went up to the first floor of her Karawal Nagar house around 6.30 am and found her niece, Seema, and nephew, Amit, lying dead in their bedroom. Amit’s body was on a wooden charpoy while Seema’s was on the floor. Both had their necks slit. Amit had a stab wound on his ear as well. Seema’s clothes were partially undone. A case of murder has been registered and the bodies have been sent to Guru Tegh Bahadur hospital for a post-mortem examination.”
While Amit was a student of a private school in the area, Seema had dropped out of school after Class X.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police said prima facie, it appears to be a love affair gone wrong. There might be a possibility of sexual assault, the officer said. Police, however, ruled out the possibility of the murders being committed by robbers since nothing except Seema’s phone was missing from the room.
The children’s father, Ajay Kumar, who works with a private courier company in Karnal, claimed that some pieces of jewellery, a passbook and two cellphones were missing from the room.
Kumar was living as a tenant in his sister Champa Devi’s two-storeyed house in Shahid Bhagat Singh Colony, Karawal Nagar. His wife and 16-year-old son Tarun live in Chhapra, Bihar.
Champa Devi said her daughter-in-law Sangeeta found the children’s room bolted from the outside on Thursday morning. She called Champa to come and open the door. It was then that she saw the bodies.
“When I looked in, I saw Amit was lying dead on the bed and Seema on the floor. Her clothes were undone. I screamed on seeing the two children in that state. I do not know who could have done such a brutal deed,” Champa said.
Kumar said, “In June, we three visited my wife in Chhapra. We even checked out a prospective groom for Seema there but that did not work out. Seema, Amit and I returned two weeks ago. Then I went back to my village almost immediately, leaving Seema and Amit here. I came back only four days ago.”