An 18-year-old girl and her 10-year-old brother were found murdered in their Northeast Delhi home on Thursday morning. Police said the children’s aunt discovered the bodies, which had multiple stab wounds.
A senior police officer said, “Champa Devi, the children’s aunt, went up to the first floor of her Karawal Nagar house around 6.30 am and found her niece, Seema, and nephew, Amit, lying dead in their bedroom. Amit’s body was on a wooden charpoy while Seema’s was on the floor. Both had their necks slit. Amit had a stab wound on his ear as well. Seema’s clothes were partially undone. A case of murder has been registered and the bodies have been sent to Guru Tegh Bahadur hospital for a post-mortem examination.”
While Amit was a student of a private school in the area, Seema had dropped out of school after Class X.
Police said prima facie, it appears to be a love affair gone wrong. There might be a possibility of sexual assault, the officer said. Police, however, ruled out the possibility of the murders being committed by robbers since nothing except Seema’s phone was missing from the room.
The children’s father, Ajay Kumar, who works with a private courier company in Karnal, claimed that some pieces of jewellery, a passbook and two cellphones were missing from the room.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kumar was living as a tenant in his sister Champa Devi’s two-storeyed house in Shahid Bhagat Singh Colony, Karawal Nagar. His wife and 16-year-old son Tarun live in Chhapra, Bihar.
Champa Devi said her daughter-in-law Sangeeta found the children’s room bolted from the outside on Thursday morning. She called Champa to come and open the door. It was then that she saw the bodies.
“When I looked in, I saw Amit was lying dead on the bed and Seema on the floor. Her clothes were undone. I screamed on seeing the two children in that state. I do not know who could have done such a brutal deed,” Champa said.
Kumar said, “In June, we three visited my wife in Chhapra. We even checked out a prospective groom for Seema there but that did not work out. Seema, Amit and I returned two weeks ago. Then I went back to my village almost immediately, leaving Seema and Amit here. I came back only four days ago.”