Nine persons, including two minors and a man working at the airport, were killed and 21 others suffered injuries after a heavy dust storm hit the capital on Friday evening. The police control room phone lines rang till late Friday, even as operation to remove the poles, uprooted trees and rubble from the roads continued late into the night.
A 17-year-old boy died when a tin sheet slit his neck in Kasturba Nagar, Vivek Vihar. Police said a tin sheet kept on the terrace of a building flew off during the storm and decapitated him. His mother who was standing beside him received severe head injuries. Police said she is critical.
A 48-year-old man died after a hoarding and a brick fell on his head in Nihal Vihar. “During the storm, Sandeshwer had taken shelter under a wall, when a hoarding and a brick came flying at him and hit his head. He sustained severe head injuries and died of excessive bleeding, police said.
A 10-year-old girl died in Mayapuri while she was returning home after tuitions. As she took shelter under a three-foot high fall, the parapet of the wall collapsed and the bricks landed on her head. She died of head injuries too, police said. The other two deaths reported were that of a 35-year-old tempo driver in Naraina and an 18-year-old girl. Both were crushed by the walls of buildings.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Younis (40), who had gone to Jama Masjid to buy his son’s wedding dress and had parked his Swift Dzire on Subhash Marg, was crushed inside his car after a huge tree fell on it. “His relatives tried to rescue him but the tree was too heavy for two people to push aside,” police said.
A taxi driver was crushed to death after a tree fell on the vehicle at W point in ITO. The driver, Satya Prakash, was going towards East Delhi. He was rushed to the Lok Nayak Hospital where he was declared brought dead. The five passengers in the taxi received minor injuries and were discharged after first aid.
At Minto Bridge, a seven-year-old girl was crushed by a tree. Police said she was walking on the pavement when a tree fell down and hit her on the head.