A 16-year-old girl was gangraped allegedly by two persons at gunpoint, while three others recorded a video of the incident.
Police said the incident was reported on July 19 from West Delhi’s Uttam Nagar area, but the girl did not approach police earlier as the accused had threatened to circulate the video on the internet if she lodged a complaint against them.
According to police, the girl was on her way to school when one of the accused, Talib, whom she knew, offered to drop her on his bike.
“He took her to his friends’ house in Jharoda Kalan instead. When they reached the house, four of his friends were already waiting there,” a police officer said.
Police said Talib asked the girl to “spend time” with his friends. When she resisted and threatened to raise the alarm, another posed as CRPF constable Surender and held her captive at gunpoint.
Police said the two men allegedly took turns to rape the girl while the other three, Promod and two juveniles, videographed the incident.
“In her complaint to police, the girl alleged that the men threatened to post the video on the internet. She claimed that the men dumped her next to her house and fled. The girl went home but did not tell her family about the incident,” the police officer said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
However, on Monday evening, the girl fell sick and her parents took her to a hospital. At the hospital, the doctors informed her parents that she had been sexually assaulted, police said. The girl then told her parents about the incident, who then approached police.
“A case of rape under the IPC and Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) was registered at Uttam Nagar Police Station. Promod has been arrested. The two juveniles have been apprehended. A hunt to nab Talib and Surender is on,” Ranvir Singh, Additional Commissioner of Police (West), said.
“We are trying to trace their phone numbers and we hope to crack the case soon,” he said.
Even though the girl alleged that an video was shot, police have not found a video recording on the phones of either the two juveniles or Promod.
Police suspect that the video may have been deleted after the accused found out that the girl had approached police. Police have seized their phones and have sent them to CFSL to access the data, an officer said.