Fifteen persons, including a two-year-old girl, received burn injuries when an LPG cylinder exploded in a two-storey building in southeast Delhi’s Jaitpur.
The injured have been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital. Doctors said four of them are critical.
Police said the occurred Sunday morning. A handyman was called in to repair a gas leak in the cylinder.
- Fire breaks out at LPG cylinder repair centre, 11 injured in Punjab
- Eight fires in 24 hours in Mumbai, no casualty reported
- Kamala Mills fire: Over four hours, a night without end
- Ammonia gas cylinder leak: Three factory workers hospitalised with breathing problems, stable
- Elderly woman, minor killed in fire in Sadar Bazar
- Cylinder blast in Southeast Delhi: Five killed, four injured after blaze engulfed shanties
Instead of replacing the regulator, the man temporarily fixed the leak and left. When one of the occupants of the house lit the stove, a fire broke out and spread through the kitchen, causing the cylinder to explode.
Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot and took half-an-hour to control the blaze.
A case under relevant sections has been registered at Jaitpur police station, said police.