Fifteen persons, including a two-year-old girl, received burn injuries when an LPG cylinder exploded in a two-storey building in southeast Delhi’s Jaitpur.
The injured have been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital. Doctors said four of them are critical.
Police said the occurred Sunday morning. A handyman was called in to repair a gas leak in the cylinder.
- Two kids charred to death in Delhi as cylinder explodes next door, neighbour held
- Bangalore: At least seven killed in house collapse, many feared trapped
- Juhu fire toll six; 18 injured, 3 of them critical
- Indore: Fire breaks out in Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital; patients evacuated, none hurt
- Cylinder blast in Southeast Delhi: Five killed, four injured after blaze engulfed shanties
- Five killed in Delhi cylinder blast
Instead of replacing the regulator, the man temporarily fixed the leak and left. When one of the occupants of the house lit the stove, a fire broke out and spread through the kitchen, causing the cylinder to explode.
Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot and took half-an-hour to control the blaze.
A case under relevant sections has been registered at Jaitpur police station, said police.