Merely four days after a two-year old girl was kidnapped from outside her house in Gurgaon and raped, an 11-year-old girl was found raped and murdered in Wazirabad village, Gurgaon, on Monday.
According to police, the incident took place when the girl, the daughter of a dhobi (man who washes and irons clothes), had gone to deliver the last set of clothes in Sector-27.
“The girl left home around 8.30 pm to deliver clothes in Sector 27. When she did not return home half-an-hour later, her family began to panic. They went to all the houses where they generally delivered clothes after washing and ironing,” Sandeep Kumar, SHO, Sector-29 police station, said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When they could not find her, the girl’s father, along with relatives, went to police, “We registered an FIR at 12.30 am on Monday. The team, along with the girl’s family, began looking for the girl.” Kumar said.
According to police, the girl’s body was found around 6.45 am, nearly 10 hours after she went missing.
Police said the body was found in the bushes near an abandoned flat in Sector-29 — 100 metres away from where the girl had gone to deliver clothes.
“When we found the body, there was a lot of blood on it. There were no clothes on the girl’s body and a white substance was oozing out of her mouth,” a police officer said.
Police said the girl’s legs were tied with a pair of socks and her face and neck were severely bruised. Her slippers were found at the spot.
The girl’s father told Newsline that before the body was found, he and his family members had searched that same spot thrice before 2 am, but had found nothing.
Police said they suspected more than one person to be involved. Also, an officer said that finger marks on the girl’s neck indicated that she had been choked to death.
“The crime had been committed somewhere else and the body had been thrown in Sector 29 early in the morning,” a police officer said.
“A special team has been formed to take the investigation forward. The team will comprise the Assistant Commissioner of Police, DLF; SHO, DLF Police Station, I/C Cyber Cell Gurgaon, I/C Crime Unit-I and II in Sector-17, Crime Unit-I in Sector-46 and Crime Unit-8 in Sector-31. The team will be headed by Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), DCP (Crime) and DCP (East),” Alok Mittal, Commissioner of Police, Gurgaon, said.
The girl’s mother said that she suspected that a close associate was involved. “I had 13 children, but all of them died one by one. She was the only one left. I feel someone close to our family has done this,” she said.
A case has been registered against unknown persons under Sections 376 and 320 of Indian Penal Code and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.