A three-and-a-half-year old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 10-year-old boy in outer Delhi’s Mangolpuri area, police said Sunday. The child was admitted to hospital and discharged after treatment, police added.
The boy allegedly lured the child, who was playing outside her house, to a park on the pretext of giving her sweets and sexually assaulted her Saturday evening, said police.
He fled the park when the girl started crying.
- 11-yr-old rape victim of Rajkot delivers baby
- Kannauj: Youth held for ‘sodomising, killing’ two boys, rape attempt
- Three-year-old girl raped by bus cleaner in Kolkata
- Boy sets girl afire on resisting move to sexually assault her
- Kolkata: Man arrested for ‘sexually assaulting’ minor girl
- Ghaziabad: Girl ‘sexually harassed’ in school bus, class XI boy gets bail
A neighbour of the girl’s family spotted her crying and informed her parents, said police. The boy, who lives in the neighbourhood, has been apprehended, police added.
The girl was discharged from Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital Sunday.
Police have registered a case under the section of rape, and the POCSO Act.