A three-and-a-half-year old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 10-year-old boy in outer Delhi’s Mangolpuri area, police said Sunday. The child was admitted to hospital and discharged after treatment, police added.
The boy allegedly lured the child, who was playing outside her house, to a park on the pretext of giving her sweets and sexually assaulted her Saturday evening, said police.
He fled the park when the girl started crying.
- Shimla: 12-year-old boy rapes 5-year-old girl
- Kolkata sexual assault: School should have handled matter sensitively, says Partha Chatterjee
- Kolkata sexual assault: Case against principal, father of four-year old calls for her arrest
- Kolkata: Four-year-old allegedly sexually assaulted in school toilet, teacher being questioned
- Delhi: 4-year-old ‘sexually assaulted’ by classmate; mother says hold the school responsible, my girl was left unattended
- Three-year-old girl raped by juvenile in northeast Delhi, say police
A neighbour of the girl’s family spotted her crying and informed her parents, said police. The boy, who lives in the neighbourhood, has been apprehended, police added.
The girl was discharged from Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital Sunday.
Police have registered a case under the section of rape, and the POCSO Act.