Woman, two children burnt alive as house catches fire in Mirzapur

"As soon as the short circuit took place, fire engulfed the entire room. Since the blaze was intense near the door, Sheela and her three-year-old daughter and three-month child were unable to move out of the room," police said.

By: PTI | Mirzapur | Published: October 16, 2017 1:05 pm
woman dead, children dead, burnt to death, shirt circuit, uttar pradesh news  Family members and villagers reached the spot upon hearing their cries but found it difficult to enter the room.  (Representational photo)

A 30-year-old woman and her two children were charred to death after their house caught fire which is thought to be caused by a short circuit in Kolhan village, the police said today.

“As soon as the short circuit took place, fire engulfed the entire room. Since the blaze was intense near the door, Sheela and her three-year-old daughter and three-month child were unable to move out of the room,” Inspector of Dehat Kotwali S K Rai said.

Family members and villagers reached the spot upon hearing their cries but found it difficult to enter the room. They, however, managed to bring them out, but by then they had died, the police said.

All the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said.

For all the latest City Others News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results