Three children were charred to death in a fire which broke out at their residence in Kalyanpur Sultan village in Katihar district during the wee hours on Saturday.
The deceased children, identified as Pandav Kumar Mandal (4), Pawan Kumar Mandal (5) and Lakhichand Mandal (12), were sleeping in their house, while their elders had gone to attend a marriage ceremony, said police.
“It seems the fire broke out from a kerosene lamp in the house of Birendra Mandal where these children were sleeping and soon spread to two other neighbouring houses. People rushed to help but could not save the children. The fire was controlled with the help of fire brigade later on,” said a police official.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile Katihar District Magistrate Prakash Kumar said that the administration is trying to provide financial help to the grieving family for the last rites.
The bodies have been sent to Katihar Sadar Hospital for postmortem.