After RJD leader Ramkripal Yadav crossed over to BJP to take on his daughter from Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, party president Lalu Prasad on Friday charged him with hobnobbing with the BJP for a year.
“It has come to light now that he (Yadav) was hobnobbing with the BJP for the past one year,” an infuriated Prasad told PTI.
He claimed that Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP, had sought to use his MPLAD fund for the benefit of a college in Purnea Lok Sabha constituency held by BJP’s Uday Singh, and the college is named after Singh’s maternal grandfather.
The RJD chief produced a letter purportedly written by Yadav to the Patna District Planning Officer (DPO) on April 16, 2013, about sanctioning Rs 71 lakh from his MPLAD fund for construction of practical buildings for eight subjects at Bir Narayan Chand Degree College at Dhamdaha in Purnea district.
In the letter, Yadav requested the Patna DPO to release the fund to Purnea DPO for further action.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This college is in named after the ‘nana’ of Uday Singh,BJP MP from Purnea Lok Sabha seat. It is still managed by his family. It shows that Ramkripal Yadav was dealing with communal forces and cheating us quietly,” Prasad said.
Yadav, Prasad’s “man Friday”, had joined BJP on March 12 after being denied ticket from Patliputra from where Prasad has nominated his eldest daughter Misa Bharti.
Last night, BJP announced Yadav’s name as party candidate from Patliputra.
The RJD supremo was at home taking rest today as continued election campaign since March 3 has started taking a toll on his health.
The sole star campaigner of his party, he stayed away from poll tour today due to exhaustion and throat congestion.