After RJD leader Ramkripal Yadav crossed over to BJP to take on his daughter from Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, party president Lalu Prasad on Friday charged him with hobnobbing with the BJP for a year.
“It has come to light now that he (Yadav) was hobnobbing with the BJP for the past one year,” an infuriated Prasad told PTI.
He claimed that Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP, had sought to use his MPLAD fund for the benefit of a college in Purnea Lok Sabha constituency held by BJP’s Uday Singh, and the college is named after Singh’s maternal grandfather.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The RJD chief produced a letter purportedly written by Yadav to the Patna District Planning Officer (DPO) on April 16, 2013, about sanctioning Rs 71 lakh from his MPLAD fund for construction of practical buildings for eight subjects at Bir Narayan Chand Degree College at Dhamdaha in Purnea district.
In the letter, Yadav requested the Patna DPO to release the fund to Purnea DPO for further action.
“This college is in named after the ‘nana’ of Uday Singh,BJP MP from Purnea Lok Sabha seat. It is still managed by his family. It shows that Ramkripal Yadav was dealing with communal forces and cheating us quietly,” Prasad said.
Yadav, Prasad’s “man Friday”, had joined BJP on March 12 after being denied ticket from Patliputra from where Prasad has nominated his eldest daughter Misa Bharti.
Last night, BJP announced Yadav’s name as party candidate from Patliputra.
The RJD supremo was at home taking rest today as continued election campaign since March 3 has started taking a toll on his health.
The sole star campaigner of his party, he stayed away from poll tour today due to exhaustion and throat congestion.