Karnataka police chief Lalrokhuma Pachuau confirmed Monday terror suspects Panna Ismail,Police Fakruddin and Bilal Mallik,who were arrested last week in a joint operation by Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh police,were involved in the April 17,2013,blast outside the BJP office in Malleswaram that injured 16 people.
The Bangalore police will seek the custody of the trio for questioning after the Tamil Nadu police complete probe to ascertain their role in the murder of two right-wing Hindu leaders in July and the 2011 attempt to trigger pipe bombs targeting a convoy of senior BJP L K Advani.
We will get a clear picture of the Malleswaram blast case the source of explosives,how the explosives reached Bangalore,who brought the motorbike used in the blast to the city,who parked it near the BJP office once we bring them to Bangalore, Pachuau said.
The proscribed Al Ummah organisation,with whom the three are linked,would also be investigated,he said.
Sources said one of the things the police were keen to find out was the Bangalore hideout of the executors of the blast. They bought the motorcycle around April 15 and brought it to Bangalore. We would like to know where they stayed between April 15 and 17, the sources said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police suspect Ismail,Fakruddin and Mallik had a hideout in Bangalore.
They have already arrested Tamil Nadu youth Peer Mohiddin of Kacharakanahalli for the April 17 blast. He is suspected to have provided shelter to the trio before the blast. He was picked up in Chennai after his cell phone number,9880187434,figured on the call list of Basheer,a resident of Tirunelveli who provided a stolen phone to Ismail to purchase the second-hand motorcycle used to plant the bomb outside the BJP office.
The police found that Mohiddin left Bangalore a day after the blast. They found that he had a second SIM card with the number 9901044271 which was in the vicinity of the Malleswaram blast site at around 9.40 am on April 17,some 40 minutes before the blast. Mohiddin has told the police his friend Aliyappan was using the number that day.
Aliyappan told the police he was delivering biscuits and bakery products in Malleswaram on the morning of April 17.
He was detained for questioning on the suspicion that he accompanied Ismail to Malleswaram but was released after his mother filed a habeas corpus petition in the Karnataka high court. The arrest of Ismail,Fakruddin and Mallik is expected to throw more light on who provided the local support for the blast.
Police sources said one Parvai Basha,who allegedly supplied explosives to Fakruddin,was missing.
Abu Backer Siddique,a close associate of Al Ummah under Imam Ali,a key player in the 1998 Coimbatore blasts who was killed in a police encounter,is also wanted in the case. He was allegedly an intermediary between the arrested trio and their alleged Gulf-based funders.