A five-year-old girl was orphaned after her parents allegedly murdered her three-year-old brother and committed suicide in Sulibele police station limits on the outskirts of the city Wednesday night. The child welfare committee has taken custody of the girl,Neelam.
The police said security guard Shivraj Joshi (30) and wife Usha (26) of Nepal slit the throat of Nirmal before committing suicide at their house,a shed provided by a private factory,in Pillagumpe Industrial Area near Hoskote. They also tried to force Neelam to consume poison but she ran out.
The matter came to light Thursday morning when neighbours found the girl standing a little away from the house and crying. A death note written in Hindi suggested an incurable health problem pushed the couple to take the extreme step.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen