A sub-inspector and a police constable attached to the Siddapura police station were arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) police on Friday for allegedly pocketing stolen property.
Last week,Sub-Inspector Vijay and Constable Yogish allegedly stole 1.5 kg gold,Rs 1 lakh in cash and mobile phones from a house near Jigani on the pretext of a raid.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Labu Ram said that Rasool,another police constable involved in the case,is yet to be arrested.
The incident came to light on Thursday when a team led by Assistant Commissioner of Police Mico-Layout sub-division,B N Obalesh,arrested 25-year-old Harinath Reddy in connection with several thefts in the city. Reddy led the team to a house near Jigani belonging to a woman,also accused in the case. But when they arrived at the house,they were told that another team of policemen,who claimed to be from the Devagiri police station,had already taken all the stolen property.
The ACPs team swung into action,tracking down the policemen and intimating Police Commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar,who then directed the CCB to conduct an inquiry. Assistant Commissioner of Police (CCB) M G Subramanyam investigated the incident.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
CCB police have arrested a man identified as Keshava,who accompanied the Siddapura policemen to the woman’s house,and are also looking into allegations that they sexually assaulted her.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Kamal Pant said that the 21-year old,Harinath Reddy,25,and Reddys mother allegedly stole the valuables from three houses in the city.
Police sources said the two women had been employed as domestic help in the houses that they stole from after sedating the owners.
On October 8,they allegedly looted a house in Hulimavu belonging to Srinivasa Rao,a retired employee of the RBI,after serving him and his wife food laced with a chemical. They fled the house with gold,some silver articles and a mobile phone. The gang had also robbed a house near Ashoka Pillar in Jayanagar recently. The case was registered at Siddapura police station.