A sub-inspector and a police constable attached to the Siddapura police station were arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) police on Friday for allegedly pocketing stolen property.
Last week,Sub-Inspector Vijay and Constable Yogish allegedly stole 1.5 kg gold,Rs 1 lakh in cash and mobile phones from a house near Jigani on the pretext of a raid.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Labu Ram said that Rasool,another police constable involved in the case,is yet to be arrested.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The incident came to light on Thursday when a team led by Assistant Commissioner of Police Mico-Layout sub-division,B N Obalesh,arrested 25-year-old Harinath Reddy in connection with several thefts in the city. Reddy led the team to a house near Jigani belonging to a woman,also accused in the case. But when they arrived at the house,they were told that another team of policemen,who claimed to be from the Devagiri police station,had already taken all the stolen property.
The ACPs team swung into action,tracking down the policemen and intimating Police Commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar,who then directed the CCB to conduct an inquiry. Assistant Commissioner of Police (CCB) M G Subramanyam investigated the incident.
CCB police have arrested a man identified as Keshava,who accompanied the Siddapura policemen to the woman’s house,and are also looking into allegations that they sexually assaulted her.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Kamal Pant said that the 21-year old,Harinath Reddy,25,and Reddys mother allegedly stole the valuables from three houses in the city.
Police sources said the two women had been employed as domestic help in the houses that they stole from after sedating the owners.
On October 8,they allegedly looted a house in Hulimavu belonging to Srinivasa Rao,a retired employee of the RBI,after serving him and his wife food laced with a chemical. They fled the house with gold,some silver articles and a mobile phone. The gang had also robbed a house near Ashoka Pillar in Jayanagar recently. The case was registered at Siddapura police station.