A 75-year-old man was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his house in Ramgarh village near Zirakpur, here on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Baldev Singh, 75, and a resident of Ramgarh village. Singh had one son, Varinder Singh, who died last year. The deceased is survived by his son’s widow, Kulwinder Kaur and two grandchildren. The incident took place on Tuesday evening when one of the neighbours visited the house and found him lying unconscious. He was declared dead by the hospital authorities.
“He had allegedly consumed Sulfas tablets which led to his death. We have kept his body for post-mortem and the report will be able to determine the actual cause of his death,” said Zirakpur Station House Officer, Inspector Tirlochan Singh.
According to police sources, there was no one in the house at the time of the incident and his daugter-in-law, Kulwinder, had left for servicing of her car. However, when the relatives of the deceased reached the spot, they alleged that Singh was allegedly murdered by his daughter-in-law, who was a widow.
“The relatives have levelled allegations which will be thoroughly investigated. We are recording the statements of the relatives and family members,” said Inspector Singh. No case was registered till the filing of the report. The body was kept at the Civil Hospital for postmortem examination.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More