A 75-year-old man was found dead under mysterious circumstances in his house in Ramgarh village near Zirakpur, here on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Baldev Singh, 75, and a resident of Ramgarh village. Singh had one son, Varinder Singh, who died last year. The deceased is survived by his son’s widow, Kulwinder Kaur and two grandchildren. The incident took place on Tuesday evening when one of the neighbours visited the house and found him lying unconscious. He was declared dead by the hospital authorities.
“He had allegedly consumed Sulfas tablets which led to his death. We have kept his body for post-mortem and the report will be able to determine the actual cause of his death,” said Zirakpur Station House Officer, Inspector Tirlochan Singh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to police sources, there was no one in the house at the time of the incident and his daugter-in-law, Kulwinder, had left for servicing of her car. However, when the relatives of the deceased reached the spot, they alleged that Singh was allegedly murdered by his daughter-in-law, who was a widow.
“The relatives have levelled allegations which will be thoroughly investigated. We are recording the statements of the relatives and family members,” said Inspector Singh. No case was registered till the filing of the report. The body was kept at the Civil Hospital for postmortem examination.